Thursday, November 27, 2008

Here it is, 9 o'clock on Thanksgiving night, and I am sitting here thinking I need to go to my Cave and cut some parts for ornaments for my quilt guild party on Tuesday night. I have to make about 20 of them, and have not gotten even one done! If I had pretty red, glass slippers, I could click them 3 times and have all the ornaments done, perhaps. LOL

I will be able to work on them in the morning, as Tom is driving his old truck up to St. Peter, MN in order to trade vehicles with the fellow he bought a newer truck from earlier this week. I will not be going along, as I am just too pooped today and don't want to push my luck on the energy thing. I will be well enough to go on Dec. 5, for a great Christmas party in Foley, MN. That will be a long drive, but can rest when I need to. It is great to have friends who understand getting well after a draining medical problem. For all that, I am extremely thankful.

I have managed to get one whole side done on the wedding quilt, so I can turn the whole frame again, for working across the block rows. The borders are just too difficult to do without turning the frame. Tom helps with that, too. He is just so helpful when I ask. I hope to have that quilt off the frame by the end of December, or at least early January. I will finish the binding in Arkansas.

When we went for dinner today, our hostess asked me to make her 3 teddy bears for her latest greatgrand kids, 2 boys and a girl, so I will have to get working on those this next week to have them done for her. I have not made any of those for a few months, so it will be fun to play with them once again. I am putting one of those in my chatroom stocking exchange too. Sure hope the swappee likes it.

No actual stitching today, but I have been thinking about it. LOL

Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

Quilty hugs,
Ele

No comments: