Friday, December 12, 2008

Here is the little kid's quilt I made up from a panel found in a box of fabric bought at an estate auction this past summer. The lady from guild, Bev. bought the stuff but did not want to throw this little thing away, but she also did not want to make it into a quilt, so I volunteered to do that. The border fabric has been given to the quilt guild, so we thought it would look good with the center panel, and I think it really does! Bev and I got our picture taken, holding the quilt, for the local newspaper. It will be displayed in the hallway of our elementary school as art. It is a small quilt, but a good size for a small child. I am happy with the way it turned out.

I got to go to Mankato, MN today, for some much needed shopping and stopped at JoAnn Fabrics first. Had to see if I could find some shiny fabrics to use in a special project for next years Christmas gifts. I was very lucky to find almost everything in that store was on sale, so I saved over $25.00 on my purchases. I even had a 50% coupon, which I used for a pair of snips to clip the threads on my paper piecing projects. Can't wait to start using the new purchases.

Did a meal at Mongolian Grill, a belated birthday dinner from Tom. It was very good, and that is one of our very favorite places to eat in Mankato now. After we ate, we headed for Sam's Club for some necessary frozen food purchases. Did real good there, only stayed in the building for less than an hour and spent $225.00!! Those steaks will taste great! LOL And, I can make soup for the rest of the winter! We are happy campers again!

The weather is supposed to be getting icky this weekend, so glad we got our running done now. I will be glad to stay home and work on my sewing. I have to build 3 teddy bears before Christmas, and have them started already. They will be done by Monday. I just love sewing when the weather is nasty, I can go to my "cave" and work away!! Best kind of day for me to have. Maybe I will be able to get a new quilt on the Gracie table for machine quilting. I really need to be working on my pile of UFO's!! That pile is not getting much smaller yet, but I will take it down some before winter is done!!

Now I am going to get ready for some sleep, as all the walking I did today tired me out. I will try to write more tomorrow, after I open my stocking exchange package. I finally got that box today!! I was very happy it came, because the opening is scheduled for 9 a.m. tomorrow and I really wanted to open mine then, too. Can't wait to see just who it is from. Check later this weekend to see pics of what I got.

So, later will be here soon, and we can share some more. Nite for now!

Ele

1 comment:

swooze said...

Cute little quilt. What machine do you have on your Gracie frame?