Saturday, November 15, 2008

Well, here it is Saturday night, and I have had energy today!! Yippeee! Got a bit of work done around here, and I am happy about that.

I got a small quilt loaded on the gracie table for machine quilting, and have it about half done now. I also sorted thru a couple of storage tubs and came up with 18 UFO's I would like to get done by the end of next year. Not sure what I will do with all those quilts, but I have to finish them before I embarras myself even more than I have already. Too many undone for my comfort. I have started a ticker to help with the count down.

Have music stuff to do tomorrow afternoon and evening, so that will take us away from home for part of the day. Tom has to go play for a Veteran's affair in Garner, IA, which is about an hour away from us. There is a great little quilt shop down there, but it is closed on Sunday, so will have to wait until Monday, when we go to Mason City to take an elderly lady friend for an ultrasound at the hospital. I get to go to Joann Fabrics and the Beehive Quilt Shop both!! I need teeny black buttons and some bright jewel tone fabrics for a swap I have joined. It will be a good trip if I don't get too tired. Good thing Tom drives, so I can sleep on the way home, if I have to.

One of the people in town is coming early in the day to get some wood from us, so they can burn it in their fireplace. Tom has cleaned out the hog barn, and dumped about 4 cords of very old wood on the brush pile in the woods, for burning later. He will torch that off in January, after we get the new recliner home and drag the old, broken one out to the brush pile. It will be a very fitting end for that chair, as it came from his deceased brother in law a few years back. We will have quite a fire!

I have been working hard enough today, that now I need to get to bed. It is late and my eyes are really getting droopy, so will let them slam shut very soon.

More later. Stay warm, dry, and quilting.

Ele

1 comment:

swooze said...

Don't let those unfinish quilts get to you. They will be finished in their own time.

To add your ticker for your UFOs to your blog do the following:

1) edit layout
2) create html page element
3) paste the ticker code in there and save

I had to put my ticker at the top of the blog in order for it to display properly. I can call you later to talk you through if you need help.