Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gonna try this again! Maybe this time it will work!

Well, here I am again! I started a blog in here much earlier this year, but did not keep up with it, so I think they just cancelled it for me. I will try to do better this time.

I have been working on several quilts this year, but not many are getting done, as I have been battling lymphoma cancer since the beginning of July. Have undergone 6 rounds of chemo, and am completely bald now, but I am also cancer free, which is worth having no hair. LOL I have relied on God to get me thru the entire summer, and He has done so much better than I could have all alone. Tom has been a huge help, and I would be lost without him. He still does not know how to cook, however. I would be starving if I had to let him do all the cooking, because he loves to fry, fry, fry everything. No matter, I will keep him and continue to do the cooking. Besides, he loves my soup!!

I have been hand quilting a teal, raspberry, and cream quilt that will be for a wedding gift next April. I should have that one off the frame in December, or at least by January. I will be taking that along to Arkansas to do the binding, and to show it off to people who will not be at the wedding. It is going to be a beautiful quilt, but then I may be a little prejudiced.

I have the top made for our house sitter too, but still need to machine quilt that. Just loading the quilts on that quilting frame takes all my energy, so that one will have to wait a bit yet. I am now working on the quiltchat Christmas stocking exchange items, and that will be going out in the mail by the end of this month. I will put up pics of that, but just not yet. Don't want the recipient to see it before time. LOL

I am going to add a UFO tracker to this blog, and hopefully, the huge number will be going down next year. I do have so many of those, it is embarrassing when i show some of my work to friends. I have just been in too many round robins and swaps, but have not finished many of those. I also have blocks from guild to make into quilts, but they are NOT UFO's just yet. Hopefully, they will not be, either.

Well, I think I will be done with this for now, but I will be back later. I will try to put up some pics, so you can see what I am doing.

Thanks for reading.

Quilty hugs,
Ele

No comments: