Thursday, November 20, 2008

Here it is, the week before Thanksgiving, and I am so totally not ready for that big day to be here!! I am having energy problems, but hopefully that will pass soon. I would be getting ready for my next chemo treatment this coming Monday, but since I am finished with those, I will have to find something else to do. I think maybe I will go to my neighbor's place, just north of me a half mile, and get working on guild Christmas Party things. We are on the planning committee, along with one other person. I think we will be working on making little paper pieced ornament tags, as just little gifts for all the partyers.

We also have to plan out the games and activities we are going to do, after we all get stuffed with the pot luck supper! We do have great cooks in our group, so there is always lots of yummy food to eat. Not real sure what the activities will actually be, but Bingo is going to be one, I think. We always have fun with that, so cannot see it being different this year.

Have not done lots of sewing the last few days, but that is only because I have been away from home so much. Monday was a road trip, Tuesday was a trip to the clinic for blood testing, and Wednesday I got to go to the local nursing home, where Tom and a couple of other musicians play music for the residents once a month. Then it was off to the Senior Citizen monthly party, where the same people play music, too. I made a very loud statement at both of those places this month by wearing a new t-shirt I picked up on Monday. The shirt is a pea soup green, which is not my best color, and has "with a body like this, who needs hair?" written on the front.
I also had on my newest headwear, a lovely knit hat of aqua, which I promptly removed once I got inside where it was warm. When I am home, I do not wear anything on my bare head, and I am not liking having to make sure my coverings are neat and straight and ON, so I have decided to go au naturale when I go out now. When a person has gone thru cancer and chemo, baldness is just a part of it and nothing to be ashamed of. I am of the opinion that what you see is what you get. LOL Not one person seemed upset with the whole thing, and nearly everyone loved the shirt.

I did get some more work done on a little, old panel, that will eventually get hung up in our schools hallway, in the elementary area. They had asked for donated quilts with child themes on them, and this one came from a box of stuff from an auction. I told them I would finish the quilt and give it to the school. I am nearly done with the top now. I also worked some more on the chatroom stocking exchange stuff, both the stocking and a cute wall hanging. That needs to be finished soon, as I have to get it mailed off in time for the opening on Dec. 13. I also picked the fabrics for a couple of paper pieced blocks. Other than that, I have not done much, just been too tired.

I did have a little excitement the other day, tho. We have some bird feeders on the south side of our house, which are frequented by the squirrels at this time of the year. I do not like those critters much, and hate the thought of them eating all the bird food, but what can you do? I have a wooden spoon at hand, that I use to scare them away by hitting the window frame and making noise. Well, one of those nasty little buggers did not seem to agree with my noise making efforts, and turned around on top of the feeder and actually jumped at me! Good thing I was inside the house and it was outside! Silly thing looked totally stupid trying to find a hold on the glass, and then it's claws got stuck in the caulking around the windows and he couldn't get loose. I was first shocked that he jumped at me, then laughed at the rest of his actions. That feeder is now totally empty!!

With that happy thought, I will say Good Night, and think about heading for bed. Have one more load of laundry to toss in the dryer first, however. Still have one load to do in the morning, but then it is done for another week! I hate that job!

Sweet dreams, happy thoughts, and heartfelt prayers!

Quilty hugs,
Ele

No comments: