Monday, February 16, 2009

Well, it is now after Valentine's Day. What did you do for fun on that special day? I got to sew, and then we went out for barbecued ribs for supper. Very romantic, huh?? Well, the sauce on the ribs was sorta dark red, so that counts. We show love for each other every day of the year, so don't really need a special day for that.

I did get an e-mail from George, showing me the progress on my sewing cabinet. It now has the extensions and front doors on it. It looks soooooooo heavy, I just hope Tom and I will be able to get it down the steps to my cave. I do know it will get much used. Oh, a good news item!! I worked on a new BOM this weekend, using my FW, but because I can't locate the regular foot for it, was using the 1/4" foot, but that did not work well when trying to do diagonal stitiching for 1/2 square triangle blocks. I set that aside and tried again to make the Kenmore actually sew again. I put some heavier fabric in to sew on, so I could pull it hard if I needed to. Well, it would not sew forward, so I gave the fabric a yank backwards, and after a second or two, I heard the gears shift and it started sewing normally again. I was a very happy camper!

Put the FW away for the trip to Arkansas and finished the whole 12 blocks for the next BOM step. Then I cut pieces for the next lottery block for guild, which will get sewn today. I only have 2 more to make so I will not get behind while we are away. No mail today, so I should be getting a F8 bundle in the mail tomorrow, for a Carol Doak swap. I hope to get those 4 blocks done before we leave, but will have to see how that goes. Got lots of packing, loading, listing, etc. to do before we actually pull out, so some quilty stuff will not get done in the next 3 weeks.

I got a phone call today from the Mom of the bride who is getting the wedding quilt I have been working on for over a year. Needed the grooms name, as the bride changed her mind once before, after I started the quilt. Needless to say, putting the former groom-to-be's name on the quilt now would be ultra-tacky! LOL I now have the proper name, so I can start working on the label. I will be glad to see the last of that quilt, even tho it is lovely. It has been taking up space in my cave for almost 2 years, so it is time for it to go!

Well, it is now time for me to hit the sewing, because I do have to do something constructive today. Might as well be quilting, because tomorrow will be laundry and opping in the chatroom. Oh, ya, I get to be home alone again tomorrow, because Tom goes up to Dundas, MN to work on his steam tractor project. I really do like being home alone, because I get to do just what I want to. LOL Please don't tell him I said that, ok? That goes for you too, Morbida!

Well, I will see you later, have a wonderful day, and keep quilting.

Ele

No comments: