Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Test driving a new quilt!!

Here is Edna, trying out her new birthday quilt. She has been bugging me for a green quilt for her, so this is what I made for her. Her big day was on Friday last week, but I figured I had to wait a couple of days, simply because we had house guests that she did not know. I think she looks pretty good laying on her Turning 20 quilt, even at 87 years old. And no, she did not fall asleep and start snoring!! She does do that, however. I got to stay home alone again today, as Tom went to work on the steam engine again. I did my 3 hours in the chat room, then went into town to deliver Edna's quilt, stopped at the post office and the grocery store, then back home. Just after I got home, the doorbell rang. Our renters had come to find out if I could jumpstart their car, as the battery was dead. I did not have cables in the van, so had to go out to the old corn crib to locate the battery charger, which they plugged in and used. Shortly after I came back in the house, they came and said the car had gotten started. It was fun trying to converse with them, as they don't speak much English and my Spanish is what I learned in high school, almost 50 years ago. LOL It was a fun afternoon. Now I am going to the cave, to cut and sew some 9-patch blocks that need to be sent off and received by next Sunday. I hope I can get it all done. All I can do is try.

Quilty hugs,
Ele, in Iowa, where snow is melting




No comments: