Friday, February 20, 2009


I was having fun the last couple of days, making these cute little kitty blocks, which are going to be in a love quilt for a dear friend, who just lost her Mom. She likes cats, so this is the pattern chosen for her blocks. It goes so fast, I could easily make hundreds of them, but I don't know who would want such a quilt. LOL Oh, well, guess that will not stop me from making more. Got a couple of very good suggestions regarding fabric/color choices that I will try to make up later this week, like tomorrow.

I will be able to do that now, because I GOT THE WEDDING QUILT ALL DONE, EXCEPT FOR THE BINDING!!! It is off the frame, and the frame is leaning against the wall, making my basement look absolutely huge!! I did put up thanks to God for helping me get this quilt done, as I worked the time frame out mentally, and I came up with this quilt being worked on for almost 2 years. That cancer really put a crimp in my quilting time, but it is all better now, so God saw to it that I finished the project. Now I just have to come up with an appropriate label for the back of the quilt. I also discovered to my delight, that the backing actually has a bit of pink in it, so it really goes very well with the top of the quilt, which is teal, raspberry, and cream. I just hope that the bride and groom like the quilt.

My sewing cabinet is coming along nicely, and I think it will be coming home about the 18th of April, as Tom and I come home from the wedding in Moorhead, MN. I sure hope I can get some of the mess cleared up before it comes home. LOL

Well, I hope to get some more of my little swap quilt done tomorrow, as we are getting snowed on again. I hate going out in slippery weather, so quilting will be a great excuse for me. LOL
A nice big pot of soup, hot coffee, and quilting, what more does one need to be happy in February?

More later.

Ele

No comments: