Saturday, January 3, 2009

Yippee, skippee, George is gonna do it!!

Ok, ok, don't get upset! He did call earlier tonight and said that he had gone to the local store that carries wood, paint, and stuff like that, not sure if it is Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards, or who, but he got a good deal on some oak that will become my new sewing center!! I am definitely gonna let "George" do it. By the way, that is his real name. LOL He is a wonderful friend, who just lost his wife to a brain aneurysm a couple of years ago. They were part of our music camping group, and George still comes. He had made his wife a sewing cabinet to hold her new embroidery machine, but after she died, he sold it, for not a lot of money. He loves to build stuff, so one time I asked him if he still had the pattern/design for that. When he said he did, I asked if he would ever consider making another one, and if he would, could I be the proud owner of one? His call tonight made me very happy. Now I will have to think about a brand new piecing machine to go into the brand new cabinet! Tom will be hard to convince, I fear.

Was down in my cave for most of this day. Good thing I had stuff to do down there, because it kept me warm and dry. We were getting lots of wind today, and then we got sleeted on, which is not a good thing. Traffic on our road was moving very slowly this afternoon. Glad I was home!!

I managed to get the biggest share of my cutting table cleared off today. Then I cut some more pieces for the Taylor's Tulips BOM quilt I am working on. I think that will be one of the projects I take along to Arkansas, because there is applique involved, and I am doing it all by hand, so that will be good to work on in the motorhome. I dragged out the vacuum cleaner, and sucked up some stray threads and lint, and wondered just where all that stuff came from. LOL I then cut parts for a little paper pieced block called Hawaii, which I just finished sewing, but have not taken a pic of it yet. Then I got Tom to help me open the case of batting, and had to work like a couple of do-do's trying to get it onto the rod on my quilting table. It just would not work nice, so I was getting a bit upset. Between us, we finally got it on, so I could get the Blizzard in Blue quilt mounted for quilting! I also chopped off the amount for the green Turning 20 quilt, going to the long armer in a day or so. I made the binding for that quilt tonight, too, so it is all ready to get finished, and then i can check off another UFO!

It is so wonderful to have the energy and desire to be doing all this activity again, as I have really missed it this summer. Now I will just have to work overtime to get caught up, but what else do I have to do? :)

I will get pics up as soon as I can, so hang in there. Now I am off to bed, because it is late and I am tired.

See ya!!

Ele

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't wait to see pics of your new sewing center! I am sure it will be wonderful :)

Desiree said...

Congratulation on the sewing center! My hubby has been building us a "pedestal" bed frame with drawers in it and I can't wait for it to be done, it looks so nice. Maybe when he's finished with that I should mention a sewing center...LoL!