Thursday, January 22, 2009

Well, here are pictures of stuff of mine either done and ready to deliver, or getting done to be delivered to me! Good old George is hard at work on my new sewing cabinet, so I can hardly wait for it to get here, so I can start using it. He is such a wonderful friend, not to mention that he is a real wizard working with wood. He is working away on this project, so it will not be a real long time before it gets to me.


I also have the thank you quilt I made for my cancer doctor, which I will be giving to her in early February, when I go for my first check-up. I am hoping my results are clean and clear. It has been a long road since July last year, and I am very happy to still be here, doing this. God is definitely GOOD!!

One of the chatters who comes into the quiltchat room, is making a playable addaption of the Princess and the Pea story for her twin grand-daughters, and some of us volunteered to help with the quilt sewing, as she needs 40 quilts and 40 mattresses, as each girl is getting her own set of all the stuff. Quite an intensive undertaking, but have had lots of fun making some of the quilts. I have done 8 now, and have to think about the last 2 sets, but I may not actually make them. The quilts are supposed to be Barbie doll size, so the whole thing went pretty quick. I got to bust a bit of my stash, but not much. Good thing I had scraps of batting to use, too. I just hope the pictures are good enough for you to see all the fun stuff.

After I get those sent off, I will have to concentrate on the hand quilted quilt for a wedding in April this year. I don't really have much to finish on that, but I also have not put stitches in that quilt for almost a week now. Sure won't get done by wishing. It will be wonderful to be done with that one.

I also got some fabric ready to send in for a fat 1/8th swap online. Have never done one of those, so getting my toes wet with this. The fabric I am sending is nice, just not spectacular, imho :) It will be fun to see what comes back to me. I will have 5 blocks to put together in a table runner or topper, so whatever I get back will be fine.

Not much else to say, except that I am really getting tired of winter, so spring can start anytime now. Oh, we had a visit from one of Tom's long time friends from Minnesota today. He stayed long enough to go have fried chicken in Lakota with us, and that was a lot of fun for all of us. Ron was on his way home from Chicago, and came in on I-80, which brought him within 35 miles from us, after he got onto I-35. It was great seeing him, as it has been a long time since the last time. His family is the first neighbor Tom ever had, back when he was about 3 years old.

I have been in the basement sewing all day today, except for the time I was opping in the chatroom, and then when we went to eat. I got the parts for 2 more teddy bears cut out, and have started the sewing on those. They have to be ready to go on Saturday, and they will make it. I have the ears made for both bears, and one set is attached to the head piece already. The bears go fast, once I get started on them. I only have to do one hour in the chatroom tomorrow, so will have lots of time to stitch when I am done there. I will put up pics when they get all done.

Now, I am getting sleepy here, as I had a very short night of sleep last night. I did not get to bed until 3:30 a.m., and then was wide awake by 7:30, so have been functioning on just 4 hours of shut eye!! That is not enough for old ladies like me. LOL

I am out of here for now. but will be back later today.

Hugs,
Ele

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi there, for some reason I can't see any pics. Would love to see one of the quilt you are giving to your doctor. Hugs!