Friday, January 14, 2011

Howdy, here it is, almost bedtime on Friday night. I am rather tired tonight, and am about ready to hit the sack. Been a busy couple of days, and it is telling on me. LOL

Yesterday started very early, with a trip to Mason City, to do battle with the dental lab that made my latest dentures. A couple of weeks ago, another tooth popped out of the lower plate this time, and both Tom and I were fuming. The teeth will be one year old next Tuesday, and should not be popping out yet. The first one came out on the top plate when I'd had them a very short time. Both times got repaired for nothing, but that should be the case, only because of the price we paid to get this set! Outrageous, if I may say so. Even the ones we got for 1/7th the cost of these lasted longer than that! I was madder than an old wet hen when we got there, but after talking to the owner of the lab, felt some better. Left them there, and headed for a drop of used clothing at the Goodwill store there. Then we had to fill our gas tank in the van, and had to pay $2.91 a gallon, at Fleet Farm, and that was with the 4 cent off coupon. Tom needed some shear bolts for the snowblower, so picked those up to get the coupon.

After we filled the car, I got to go play at Hobby Lobby for a bit, and came out of there with 4 yards of Kona black fabric, a couple 1/2 yards pieces of pretty (?) orange fabrics, and some cute little butterfly headed pins for my cruise roomie, who doesn't have that kind. Then back to claim my teeth, which I put in immediately, and headed for our fave Chinese food place for lunch. Had a huge, yummy meal, and came back home. Got here about 1:30 in the afternoon, so the day was not completely shot. I asked Tom if he thought he could actually eat our regular Thursday supper of broasted chicken after the lunch we had, and when he said no, I got busy and whipped up a batch of squash soup for supper at home. Have to thank Diane M. for the good butternut squash from her garden. It sure made good soup. We ate the last of it for lunch today, and went to our fave local restaurant for all you can eat fish tonight!

Didn't write anything in here last night, simply because shortly after I sat down here, I fell asleep, so I just went to bed. Must have been really wiped out, because I barely remember laying down. LOL Woke up this morning, with another full slate to get thru during the day. Had dirty dishes to deal with, which got done pretty early. I got 2 complete loads of laundry washed and dryed, so that is good, too. After I slurped my bowl of squash soup, I drove up to Frost, MN to get my hair cut. Ruth cut it very short again, which I love. I invited her to go for supper with us tonight, which she did. She just turned 83 on Dec. 31, and still works just about every day in the little beauty shop, saying she does not want to have to retire. She is a widow, and all her kids live far away, so she basically only has work to keep her busy. We have asked her to come water our plants and check the house while we are off to Arkansas this year. Our first person is now 92 years old, and is having some problems with our steps into the house. It is not a huge job, just necessary. We plan on being away for at least 2 months this year, so need someone to do the task.

I put a bit of sewing on my to-do list for this day, and got to cross off the job, which was to finish the Dec. BOM from the Carol Doak site. Had to remake it because the pattern got printed the wrong size, and I did not discover that fact until AFTER I had the first block all made!! Geez, I really hate when that happens!! I got lucky to find a workable bright green to replace the one I started with, because that one is about to run out on me. I think I will not have to use all the blocks, because I am making this quilt for Alex, our grandson who lives in Wisconsin. I chatted with him on Facebook last week, and found out the quilt just happens to be made with some of his favorite colors, including yellow and black, so this quilt can be made a twin size and still work for him. I think I have almost enough blocks already made for that size. I feel very happy about that!!

Hmmmmmmm, do you have any idea how tasty unflavored Greek yogurt is, when you stir in a bit of honey? That, along with some walnuts is my snack before bed tonight. Darn good, if I may say so.

Well, kiddos, I am struggling to stay awake here, so think I will wrap it up for this time. Will try to write again tomorrow, but it may not happen, because we have to head north for a steam show banquet tomorrow evening, then stay over with friends in that area, and I won't have my computer along. I may get some new pics to share with ya, so it will be ok!!!

Have a good night, sweet dreams, and stay warm.

Quilty hugs,
Ele

1 comment:

Lindah said...

Ele, your comments on Bonnie's blog were so sweet.
I have never visited your blog before. I am looking forward to getting acquainted.