Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Here it is Tuesday!! We got lots of snow, because it came down all night long. Tom fired up the tractor this morning and moved enough for me to get the van out of the garage. Then he got into his truck and followed me out of the driveway, making sure I got out!! Too bad he had the 4 wheel drive, because he had to take a couple of runs at it before he escaped!! The road into town was horrible, so speed did not come into play! A snail could have kept up! lol

We got to town in time for the taco salads at the deli, and the place was packed. I truly did not think there would be many there today, because of the weather, but I got fooled. Oh well, the food was very good, so all was fine. Got done with lunch, and headed across the street to the senior center, hoping to play cards with
the rest of the oldies. Alas and alack, only 5 of us had showed up by 1:15, so we canceled the party. The last man to show up is just recovering from his knee surgery, so he was absolutely the last one I expected. Jake will do that to ya, tho.

Tom had picked up the mail, so I did not have to stop for that. It was too early for the latest issue of the local newspaper, so I just came home. It was rather strange being home on Tuesday afternoon, as I have been going for the card playing for over a year now, and don't plan any other activities for the day, so was sorta lost for the day. I did go down to my cave for some sewing, after I paid my credit card bill on the computer.

Last night we got the new block from sweetjessy in the chatroom, and got that made before I went to bed. Even got the pic sent to her, so she can get it online. The quilt will become the new raffle quilt for the senior center. Hopefully, I can get it topped while in Arkansas in a couple of months. I did get the last 2 quilted postcards made for the crew on the cruise ship. Amy tells me it is nice to gift the daily assistants who serve us, so we decided to make the cards. I do love making those, so it was not so difficult.

I got one of my UFO's done late last week. Will try to get a pic of it loaded here, but not promising anything. Pictures do not work very well for me in here, for some reason. I have to find a new pattern for quilt guild later this month, so have to look and find something, then make a sample to show the ladies. We are needing to get another supply of charity quilts, so we will use the blocks I pick
for that, instead of doing a lottery. We have done the lottery draw long enough now, that nearly everyone in the group has 2 quilts from them. They still want me to pick the patterns, a job I have done now since 2004, I think. I do not know what I will do if Marcia Hohn ever stops doing her quilters cache site. I have used her blocks for nearly every month in 7 years!! I just love her patterns, and have used lots of them for my personal quilts. One I made is a 2 color quilt, pink and white. I went to the fabric store in Minneapolis, and as soon as I walked in the door, I heard something calling my name, so of course, I had to go look for whatever it was! LOL I found the pink fabric, and I bought all that was left of the bolt. It looks like a pink oil spill, with blues, purples, gray and almost white swirled in. Went back AFTER I finished the quilt, and found some more of the same fabric, and ALL of that went home with me too!! May I say that I love that fabric?? So far, that is the only time that has happened to me.

I did find some very wild bright green, think lime, that I bought all left on the bolt, too, but only on the first visit to that store in Arkansas! Too far to drive for seconds! I was on a mission to find at least 20 greens, for a Turning 20 quilt fo
r a lady friend, who's fave color is green. Did not have much of that in my stash, soooooo had to go shop for it. I now have lots and lots of green on the shelf! Still wonder why my likes change so much, because I use green so often these days. I am making a blue Snapshot quilt for a young man's graduation next year, and I even am putting in one piece of green, with animals on it, no less. Well shoot, he does live in Minnesota!!! I will get a picture of that one in here, when it gets all done. That is on my to do list for Arkansas this year.

Boy, I hope I have enough energy to get all my stitching done down there! Leave for there on March 14, and that is coming up fast! Am getting all the projects collected, so I won't run out. LOL I am working on the latest challenge on the Carol Doak site, which is a G E D ( Get 'er Done), and I have my first UFO done already. The pic is here.
This was a Scenic Block block of the month in 2009, and I just got it finished a few days ago. I do still have to add a label, then find someone who wants the quilt. Lots of the people I have shown this one to just love the backing I used. LOL I did not take a pic of that, because it is just an old sheet, with brown leafless trees on it, but it goes nicely with the front of the quilt. Why not use it?

I think it is time for me to stop this for the night, and get back to my December BOM from the Carol Doak site. Stupid computer printed the first pattern too small, so had to reprint it. At least it came out the right size the second time, so I can actually get it made now. Have all the parts cut for it, just have to sew it. I have become totally addicted to paper piecing. Carol will be one of the teachers, and the reason I am going, on the cruise I am taking in March!! It will be my "virginal voyage", so am both excited and nervous about it. Sure hope it doesn't end up like the cruise ship on the west coast last year.

Well, I think this is enough for now, so will bid you a good night, send you warm hugs, and tell ya "see ya later".

Peace and prayers,
Ele

1 comment:

Samuel Beckett said...

Thank you for sharing. Even I had enjoyed the creativity of machine quilting and the long-arm was the next step in my quilting evolution.


Apply for Citizenship