Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Hump Day!! I always liked this day, for some reason, and I love the look on people's faces when I wish them Happy Hump Day! When I was opping in the quiltchat room on a regular basis, chatter would come in during my Wednesday slot, just to hear me say that. I loved it, and always smiled when I offered the greeting. Some of the European chatters had to be instructed in the meaning of the phrase, but after they knew, they also liked to hear it.

I like Wednesday, but did not like all the happenings on this particular one. Got up later than I usually do, so that put me behind right away. Ate my breakfast, checked my emails, played the regular games on pogo.com, then had to help Tom decide if he wanted to go along on my "drug run" to Blue Earth. That took an inordinate amount of time, but he finally decided I would not totally wreck the van if he didn't do the driving today. The roads were really well cleaned off, after all the snow we have had. There were a couple of icky patches, but I took care, and got to my destination in fine shape.

Went into Wal-Mart, after landing in a perfectly lovely parking spot, and headed to the pharmacy, where my prescription was waiting for me. I was a bit shocked when the gal told me I would have to pay for it, so I growled at her. After I got it thru my head, that this being the first time for this refill this year, I would have to pay my deductible, which had totally vacated my ancient brain! While I was still working that over, I was informed that my credit card would not work! I just did a transfer payment on that yesterday, so I knew it was ok and up to date, but they told me that the numbers didn't match, and apparently the card had expired. Well, my expiration date will not happen until 2012, so that is what I told them. By this time, I was ready to chew nails, because all of this should have taken about 5 minutes, and I had been in the store already for nearly half an hour. I ended up having to sign my name at least 6 times in that stupid little box on the counter, feeling like my life was really on hold for the day. Finally grabbed my refill and headed for the fabric department, where I picked up 2 packages of bias tape needed for garments I am building to wear on my cruise; a short pair of scissors going to the same place as the garments, and a container of flat head flower pins for my cruise roomie, who doesn't have any. Searched high and low for a simple spice cake mix, but alas, none was to be found. I did pick out a new top, so that made up for no cake mix, and besides, the top is much prettier!! Got a very cheerful cashier, but I even growled at him, but only after he asked how my day was going. LOL

Headed for the local grocery store then, and needed to pick up just a couple of things, which I did, without any problem. Then I headed for the local Quik Stop gas station, for my supply of small, rather green bananas and a quick cup of flavored coffee for my drive hme. That was a good stop, so was a bit happier on the drive home. Went a different route home, and the roads that way were a mess, so I had to pay closer attention. A couple of the intersections were purely awful, and I was happy to get back into my garage. When I looked at the clock, was shocked to see just how long I had been gone. Tom asked what took so long, so I told him, He just laughed and said he was glad he didn't go, then.

I called and got an appointment to get my hair cut on Friday, so glad to have that out of the way, too. Needed to get the cut, because we are going to Faribault, MN for a steam show banquet on Saturday, and will be staying over at friends house, so have to look sorta good for that. Not promising much, however.

Have to get up early in the morning, so we can drive to Mason City to get my denture repaired. The teeth are less than a year old, and this is the second tooth that has come out, so we are both very upset about that. You'd think for the amount of money we spent on the dentures, they would at least last a year. I do know I will not go to that dentist again, for ANYTHING!! That won't be too hard to do, because she is no longer dentisting!! I put my old plate in when we went to have cheap baskets up in Rake for supper, and I discovered that they no longer work very well. They sure do not match up well with the upper plate, so chewing was a chore. Took me extra long to get down my shrimp and fries. Tried to slurp up some pickles, and that was not a good thing at all. The missing tooth and the plate are in a little baggie, waiting to go get fixed.

After we got home from supper, I headed to the cave for some sewing, and I got about 3/4 of a paper pieced block done. My eyes were getting very tire, so I stopped sewing and started looking for a thread catcher pattern I have. Want to make my cruise roomie one of those for the trip, because she doesn't have one of those, either. Of course, you know that the pattern was no place I looked, but I do know it is down there somewhere. I hope I can find it BEFORE March, because then it will be too late to make it. I do wish that Somebody would quit moving my stuff and hiding it, because then I don't know where to look for it when I need it. Oh well, not to worry, it will appear soon enough, I hope.

Should I make Alex's quilt a twin size, or full size? I have enough blocks right now to make a twin size one, so maybe I will. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Well, kids, now it is beddy-bye time, so I can do some more driving/riding tomorrow. Sure hope the repair won't take all day, but the lab does have to work me into their very busy schedule. A real shame, if you ask me.

Have a good night, sweet dreams, and quilty hugs,
Ele

No comments: