Saturday, December 20, 2008

December 20, 2008

My goodness, I didn't think winter started until tomorrow! Why are we getting all this snow and big winds, turning our yard into a huge bunch of frosting? It looks so pretty, but my poor Tom has to go out in the cold, cold wind and deal with it. He complains about it, but loves to go fire up his tractor, then gets to push all that snow into huge piles! He comes back in very tiredly happy, as well as very hungry. LOL

Good thing I have my cave to go to, because I can't go out to play in the snow just yet, as I still do not want to attempt getting sick with a cold or worse. I have been working my fingers to a frazzle the last couple of days, putting lots of new stitches in the wedding quilt. I worked on it most of this day, and got to turn the end of the quilt twice! It is looking so much smaller now, and I know I will get it all quilted and off the frame in January, so the binding can be added before we head for Arkansas in March. I need to take that quilt so I can show off a bit. I will put the picture of it up a bit later.

I have chosen my fabrics for the new Foolish Goose Tracks BOM quilt from Heather Finnell, which will be starting in January. I am using browns, black, 2 different creams, and red with gold on it. I do believe this will be a wonderful quilt, and can't wait to get started on it. May have to do a bit of arm twisting on Heather, like others in our Midnight Oil group do frequently. LOL

I am planning on making my hemotologist at Mayo a thank you quilt, and hope to deliver it in February, when I go back for my first check-up. It will be done in shades of blue, with touches of pink thrown in for fun. She said blue was her favorite color, but that some days you just felt like a pink day, so she will be getting both colors. The pattern looks very easy, so it should go together quickly. I also want to get my green thank you quilt on my Gracie table, for machine quilting. I would like to have this one done before the 6th of February, which is the birthday of the lady getting the quilt. I think she is looking for a quilt for Christmas, but she will be sad, because she is not getting it then. LOL

I did get the teddy bears done and delivered this last Wednesday, so that is a worry off my mind. I think the little ones receiving them will love them a lot. I made 4, so that is one extra, which I will put in my teddy bear den for storage. Never know when you might need a bear gift, so it is good to be prepared. I don't have many in there, so need to get working on some. Perhaps I will cut some out and take them along to Arkansas for sewing. I will stuff them and finish them at home, because I do not want to drag along the 25 pound box of stuffing in the motorhome. I have already started choosing my take along projects for that trip. LOL Sure don't want to wait until the last minute for that job.

Well, I am going to watch a bit of t.v. now, then head for bed. Supposed to be very cold tomorrow, and lots of the churches around here have already cancelled services for Sunday, just because of the weather. Sounds like a great day to work in my cave. :+)

Stay warm and keep praying for peace and good health.

Quilty hugs,
Ele, in snow covered Iowa

No comments: