Saturday, January 16, 2010


Yipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I got my row of the month quilt all hand quilted, as of 9:50 p.m. tonight!! Even the back looks good, so I am a very happy camper. Got the binding all ready to attach, which I will do later today. Need to have it completed by the end of the month, so I can take it to guild for show and tell. The label on the back of the quilt is gonna say "Thanks for the house cleaning help"!! Well, the quilt has been in my UFO pile for the last 6 or 7 years, so having it gone, will be cleaning house!! I am glad to have this one done, so now Tom and I can redo my cave, so it will work better for me. I have not changed anything down there since we moved in, so it is time for moving things around.

We have decided to do away with our second house on the property, as it will cost us too much to repair the plumbing, after the pipes froze last month. We are gonna salvage some of the stuff inside the house, then either burn it down; smash it down; or give it away to be moved. Any one of those plans will work for us, so if you are in the market for a really nice house, call us.

We had talked about turning it into a quilting studio for me, but not having lots of extra, available cash has taken that option away. Will keep you posted in here.

I finally told Tom about the offer from the senior center in town. He wanted to know how come they asked me, if the job was such a good one. I will have to learn the answer to that, but won't until next week. I told him about the offer only after he had gotten full on my last batch of homemade soup. Naughty of me, but sorry, it worked. LOL

I go Monday to find out about new dentures. On Tuesday, I am going to Minnesota with Tom. He is going to work on some farm equipment for the steam show in Dundas, probably do some welding. I am going to spend the day with one of the wives, shopping, lunch, and gabbing. I need a "girls day", so it should be fun. Look out, thrift stores, here we come!!!

Well, now I am going to rub some Bag Balm into my dry, cracked hands, then hit the bed. Got lots of work to do tomorrow, and need to be rested for it.

Good night, sweet dreams, and peaceful slumber.

Ele

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great, what I could see of it. Glad to see you are back on. It had been awhile missy...lol
Hugs,
Chele